The Hungarian Herb Cultivators, Collectors and Traders' Association and Commodity Board was founded in 1992. The Hungarian medicinal plant sector is producing a significant value on relatively small territory. Due to the advantageous climatic conditions and the traditional knowledge the quality of the raw material is especially good.
Because of the market increase it is essential to develop both the traditional collection of herbs and the cultivation. The huge amount of the medicinal plant species are to be found in the Hungarian wild nature afford a proper basis for collecting e.g. elderflower, camomile, lime flower, rosehip.
The Hungarian Herb Cultivators, Collectors and Traders' Association and Commodity Board is always ready to cooperate with the government and other. It is promotes since its foundation, the interest of herb growers and collectors, the researchers and experts and the companies that process and manufacture teas, tea mixtures, cosmetics and other products.
Our task can be well described by the following data:
• promote the sectors' interests;
• provide the professional support for the preparation of government decisions concerning the sector;
• dialogue with the decision-making authorities;
• creating and operating the branch information system;
• popularization of the consumption of herbal teas and herbal products.
Hungarian Medicinal Plant Association
H-1118 Budapest, Ménesi út 44.
Mr Zoltán CZIRBUS president
Mrs Krisztina MÁTYÁS secretary